Clinical Research Physician, AES
Reading, United Kingdom
Mid-Senior level | Full Time | Pharmaceuticals, Medical PracticeRead More On LinkedIn
Bonus: up to 10% of annual salary based on site performance. Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 5% matched contribution pension scheme, 3x Life Cover, access to our High Street discounts portal, Employee Assistance Programme, Employee Health Cash Plan programme, Cycle to work scheme, enhanced sickness and family friendly policies, excellent training and development opportunities (including PMST).
We are currently looking to recruit a Clinical Research Physician to complement the collaborative team at our Thames Valley site.
Located just off the M4 corridor in Reading, this site is situated within a wide and diverse population of patients with complex health requirements. The site is active with a broad portfolio of studies across numerous therapeutic areas.
Working Monday to Friday, 37 hours a week, our Clinical Research Physicians are responsible for ensuring the commercial success of the site through the safe performance of local clinical studies.
Acting as the principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator for some or all of the studies at the site they have the responsibility for all sponsor research studies while also ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met.
- Having responsibility for the medical wellbeing of participants during the clinical trial and referral to specialists or GP as required
- Acting as principal investigator (PI) or co-investigator ensuring ICH/GCP and local regulations are met
- Conducting clinical trials in line with the protocol and to ensure the recruitment of eligible participants onto the studies
- Taking ownership of being prepared for all GMC appraisals to ensure a positive outcome
- Review screening, pre-screening and screening success rates for clinical trials
- Providing information and support to consenting participants for a clinical study
- Liaising with and developing positive relations with sponsors, clients and clients’ contractors as required, projecting a helpful and courteous company image
- Carrying out clinical evaluation and clinical investigation of participants
- Constantly seeking and suggesting quality improvements
- Taking responsibility for ensuring serious adverse events / adverse events are reported appropriately
- Be a GMC registered doctor
- Have working knowledge of GCP (ICH/GCP and local regulations compliance)
- Demonstrate the inclination to provide practical help and guidance to colleagues, providing practical solutions for any problems and supporting their development
- Show meticulous attention to detail in recording patient information and data ensuring any queries are acted upon in a timely and efficient manner
- Be team player, capable of building and sustaining relationships with colleagues as well as patients
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.