Clinical Research Physician
London, England, United Kingdom
Business Development, Science | Full Time | PharmaceuticalsApply On Company Website
The job specification below shows the breadth of work covered by the Research Physicians and Senior Research Physicians within. The focus of a Research Physician is expected to change with seniority. In general, the specification shown below is presented in a probable chronological order i.e. the focus of work progresses down the specification with seniority.
- Medical Doctor UK Trained
- FY1 & 2 completed
- Post foundation experience
- Motivated to get into the pharmaceutical industry
Volunteer screening in preparation for clinical trials
- To obtain informed consent from subjects prior to inclusion into a study.
- To perform medical screening on healthy volunteers and patients including medical history taking, physical examination and review of laboratory reports according to the study protocols.
- To collate necessary medical documents and information to make informed decisions about inclusion onto a clinical trial.
- To review all Case Report Forms with regard to inclusion/exclusion of subjects prior to commencement of the study
Clinical Trials Procedures
- To be familiar with all current study protocols.
- To discuss protocols in-house and with sponsors and experts.
- To supervise all safety aspects during the studies.
- To maintain knowledge, understanding and practice of general medical practice and to maintain Advanced Life Support skills.
- Evaluate and treat all Adverse Events that arise during studies and prepare safety reports.
- To produce and update case reports for volunteers who experience Serious Adverse Events or other notable Adverse Events
- To review and analyse safety, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic data and present the findings in interim reports
- To participate in the discussions regarding the impact data in interim/safety reports has on clinical trial progression.
- To contribute to the writing of Study Operations Manuals for upcoming studies and update as appropriate during the conduct of ongoing studies.
- To write Patient Information Leaflets/Informed Consent Forms for planned clinical studies.
- To review study protocols and to participate in the generation of study protocols as required.
- To write relevant sections of Patient Information Leaflets/Informed Consent Forms.
- To review and contribute to the development of Investigator’s Brochures when required.
- To review and implement recommendation from scientific advisory meetings into relevant study documents in preparation for submission.
- To participate in discussions with scientific and other experts in preparation for regulatory submissions.
Reach out to Amy at Barrington James for more information. Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com with a short description of why you are interested in this position.Apply On Company Website
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Take part in our interactive webinar to help you nail the application and interview stage. Give yourself all the tools necessary to showcase your medical talents in these non-clinical areas.
Contact us for any advice or let us know how you went on in the application or interview stage. Did our advice help in anyway?
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.