Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Business Development, Science | Full Time | PharmaceuticalsApply On Company Website
The role will support the Medical Science Liaison, Medical Manager, Therapy Area Lead and/or Associate Medical Director in delivering the strategic medical plan for the allocated therapy area(s), and work in collaboration with them to deliver operational excellence of the UK and Ireland (UKI) Medical Affairs team.
A scientific background in medical or biological science is essential for this role, preferably a GMC registered doctor, GPhC registered pharmacist or a PhD/Masters. They should be confident in their communication and interpersonal skills with at least a basic level of experience of providing customer services. It is vital that they hold a high standard of literacy and written communication and that they are capable of high attention to detail and accuracy as fits the nature of the information they handle in this role.
They should also be able to prioritise work effectively; balancing both long and short term requirements and be able to demonstrate previous excellent cross functional working. The individual will have a good working knowledge of Pharmacovigilance laws and regulations, and the ABPI Code of Practice.
The role will be predominantly based at our Head Office located in Manchester, and will require some degree of external KOL engagement (approximately 40%).
Responsibilities - Medical Information
- Maintain expert knowledge of specified product(s) and therapy area(s), which may include attendance at conferences and educational meetings
- Provide Medical Information responses to specific questions from HCPs, ranging from simple queries which do not require any interpretation to more complex queries which require in-depth interpretation and literature searches
- To create, manage and review, standard responses and frequently asked questions to commonly asked questions
- To ensure that when processing Medical Information enquiries Pharmacovigilance requirements are met
- Regular literature searching for Chiesi portfolio and competitor intelligence (e.g. PubMed, British Library and Cochrane Databases), summarise the information in pre-agreed template, and circulate to wider matrix team
- Maintain up-to-date Prescribing Information for all relevant products
Responsibilities - Medical Affairs
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant products and relevant disease area(s) in order to act as an expert medical resource
- Attend relevant national and international scientific meetings/congresses to ensure up-to-date knowledge of therapy area, gather competitive intelligence, and respond to any specific enquiries from healthcare professionals
- Support the activities of the Medical Science Liaisons on an ad hoc basis
- Support the development and maintenance of scientific and clinical presentations for assigned therapeutic area(s) as appropriate
- Provide support to the Learning & Development team for the delivery of clinical data on relevant product(s) at ITCs as necessary
- Attend brand team and concept meetings as part of a cross functional matrix team
- Deliver the technical review of materials and/or activities on internal approval system according to the ABPI Code of Practice, and develop proficiency as a medical reviewer
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the UK Medical Affairs strategic plan, providing ad hoc support for projects as requested
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, internal processes and procedures for Pharmacovigilance
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted in compliance with applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct (including but not limited to the ABPI Code of Practice) company policies and accepted standards of best practice
- A medical / pharmacy degree or PhD preferably. A BSc qualification is acceptable with industry experience and clear demonstration of achievements
- Industry experience is preferred
- Good working knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice
- Confident in both oral and written communication with customers at all levels, with experience of providing customer services
- Ability to travel as part of role to support the UKI Medical Affairs plan and to attend domestic and international conferences. Occasional weekend travel will be required
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Good time and project management experience
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Drive to continuously expand medical and scientific knowledge
- Ability to interpret and present complex clinical data in a clear manner to a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team, as the situation demands
- Good external stakeholder engagement skills
- Robust and meaningful career development
- Competitive salary based on skills, experience and qualifications
- Annual High-Performance Incentive Awards
- 25 days annual leave
- Group personal pension scheme with flexible contributions
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Life assurance
Access to a wide range of discount schemes including medical screening, car leasing scheme, gym membership, cycle to work scheme, retail discounts and much more.Apply On Company Website
Download the ebook for tips and tricks to help you thrive in alternative non-clinical careers such as Pharma. Designed to help when applying for non-clinical roles; it will give you confidence that you can succeed, knowledge to analyse skills & optimise them for positions, advice to 'nail' selection processes & to adapt in your new career.
Take part in our interactive webinar to help you nail the application and interview stage. Give yourself all the tools necessary to showcase your medical talents in these non-clinical areas.
Contact us for any advice or let us know how you went on in the application or interview stage. Did our advice help in anyway?
Join Our Community
Interested in career options outside the NHS? Join our community to be the first to know about exciting events, workshops, free webinars and career opportunities. Don’t miss out – start your progress towards a new, exciting career Beyond the Ward today.Contact Us Today & Start Looking To A New Career!
Signup For Our Newsletter
For all our latest offers and deals be sure to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Don't miss out on great opportunities with Beyond The Ward.